What a year 2018 has been for the lawyers at Canarian Legal Alliance, they have recently announced their end of year results and it is impressive to say the least.
They have ended the year with 131 Supreme Court rulings, this is unprecedented in Spanish legal history, the last 2 rulings being made against Diamond Resorts. These judgements reinforced the previous ones by Spain’s Highest Court that contracts over 50 years, floating weeks and points systems along with the taking of any payment, even by a third party within the cooling off period are in breach of Spanish Timeshare laws 42/98 and 4/12.
In another landmark ruling from the Courts of First Instance in Tenerife, Silverpoint and their lawyers admitted that their “Company Participations” were indeed timeshare. This has now opened the way for many more clients who have been sold these “participations” as “investments” to now lodge claims against Silverpoint. This will result in the contracts being declared null and void plus the return of all money paid. (See previous article)
Here are some key figures for the past year:
- 3669 clients
- 1380 live cases in various stages at court
- 679 court hearings in 2018
- 516 new claims presented to the Spanish Courts
- 327 favorable sentences for clients
- 12.3 million Euros have been awarded (2018 only) to clients by the Spanish Courts
- 2.8 million Euros in payouts to clients
- 728.000 Euros in bank guaranteed funds secured for clients
- 4.5 million Euros are currently in process of being converted into bank guarantees
As the year drew to a close and the courts recessed for the Christmas break, Canarian Legal Alliance also managed to sneak in 10 more results in favour of their clients against the following:
- Anfi Court of First Instance 26,400€
- Anfi Court of First Instance 55,994€
- Anfi Court of First Instance 9,795€
- Anfi Court of First Instance 12,400€
- Anfi Court of First Instance 12,800€
- Anfi Court of First Instance 18,376€
- Anfi Court of First Instance 39,590€
- Holiday Club Court of First Instance 4,500€
- Silverpoint Court of First Instance 5,400€
- Club la Costa Court of First Instance 29,768€
This is an incredible 214,590€ secured for these clients, with all contracts being declared null and void.
These figures speak for themselves, no other law firm in Spain has achieved anything near to this, so for those who continue to post on various forums that these are all fake, check your facts before you post. These cases can all be verified through court documents, they are in the public domain.
It is quite clear that 2019 is also going to be a record breaking year, especially now that all courts are subject to the rulings of the Supreme Court. Inside Timeshare will bring you the latest news on cases as and when they happen.
If you require any further information on this subject or would like to know if you have a legitimate and viable case, then use our contact page and Inside Timeshare will get back to you.
December 21st was the final day of a Newton Hearing in the case against Stephanie O’Reilly, Mr O’Reilly was not in attendance as he had earlier pleaded guilty to 27 charges of breaches of consumer legislation and aggressive selling amongst other things.
The reason for the Newton Hearing was that Miss O’Reilly had to explain why she pleaded guilty to Fraud but not as charged. The defense argued that Eze Group had employed the services of a Legal Advisor to ensure that they were compliant with UK law and that this advice was wrong which ultimately led to the mis-selling of the product.
This argument was vigorously rejected by the prosecution, who were also able to produce documentation refuting the argument. This was accepted by the court and a date of 11 January 2019 has been set for what we believe will be sentencing. We will bring you this news as and when it happens.
If you have any comments on this or any other article, use our contact page, Inside Timeshare welcomes your comments.