Latest Court News

Yesterday we published part 2 of our Timeshare Contracts: Held to Ransom articles, we began last week with Belton Woods Lodges and yesterday we looked at Diamonds “exit” policy, our next article will be looking at Club la Costa. Today however we look at another two cases to come out of the courts in Gran Canaria, these cases involve Holiday Club and Airtours.

Earlier in the year a German client of Canarian Legal Alliance won his case at the Court of First Instance Number 4 of San Bartelomé de Tirajana against Holiday Club. In July the Court received the payment from Holiday Club for the amount the court awarded to the client.

The client has now received into his own bank account the 25,407€, so not only has the contract been declared null and void, but the client also has received his original purchase price plus double the deposit paid. As far as this particular client is concerned his journey is over and he is totally timeshare free.

So it is congratulations to the client and especially to the Lawyer Oscar Salvador Santana Gonzalez who prepared and conducted the case and also to Jasmin Erhard the Claims Consultant who helped this client through the case.

The next case is against Airtours and this is a very surprising case, again brought on behalf of a Norwegian client by Canarian Legal alliance.

What makes this case different from all the others is the time it has taken, CLA filed the case on 9 July 2020, within 2 months the case was heard with the sentence just being issued. It transpires that the Judge sitting at the Court of First Instance number 13 of Las Palmas decided that there was no need for a full trial and proceeded to deal with the case at the pre-trial stage.

This does appear to becoming a very common occurrence, with more and more judges deciding that full trials are no longer necessary. This can only be good news for clients with cases pending, let us just hope that more and more judges do the same.

In this case, the client has been awarded over 63,000€ plus legal interest and their contract has been declared null and void.

The lawyer representing the clients was Aroa Farray Martin with Claims Consultant Lotta Nielsen assisting the client.

REMEMBER, DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

If you have received any calls from this company or any other with these types of claims, please use our contact page and Inside Timeshare will get back to you.

18 Comments

• Carole Allen

October 13, 2020

As previously stated, J Foster Associates (who admitted calling from Tenerife) asked for £1,600 up front to get our claim through the courts in the U.K. as “their solicitors could not be expected to work for nothing.” This was followed by a request for a further £6,000 in a matter of a few days after that. Alarm bells rang once we realised they were based in Spain and then when they asked for money up front, we realised this was just another scam. They even agreed to try and draw up a finance plan for us. When we refused we were told that the bailiffs could contact us at any time chasing for the non payment of Management Fees.

• Charles Thomas

October 13, 2020

If your timeshare is in and was purchased Spain the UK courts would not have any jurisdiction to deal with the case. As for the bailiffs being sent in, well, that is just another scare tactic. This certainly shows how devious and desperate they are for your money.

• Ag

November 2, 2020

Just had a call from “melanie ” of J Foster Ass. Talking about and said to check the time share register and RDO?, how there is £8k waiting for us to claim from easy group. Offered zoom, when I mention I wanted info by post she pushed for a zoom on Saturday as they could do it quick as my partner a front line worker, which technically she isn’t. Blocked the number so she cant get through when she rings tomorrow to see if we can zoom.

• Tony Cox

November 6, 2020

Where can I get some true unbiased advise. I have just had a call from J Foster Associates, he knew all about us and the problems. We had been approached by three or four companies but signed up with Claims Solution Group and Fullbrook Associates, it cost me £6000. They told us that we are out of our contract and the man from Fosters says I am not. And not likely to get anything back. We have been with Azure (Golden Sands) since 2005 and we have already lost most of our pension pot to them.
    I am supposed to avoid stress and this is really winding me up.

Tony

• m johnson

December 16, 2020

J fosters rang me paid money up front is it a scam

• Carolyn Whomersley

November 26, 2020

We were quoted £4,500 by Claims Solutions to guarantee termination of our contract with Azure (now VCMS). They also told us that they could get us our money back from the parent company, Corinthia Group who have offshore funds in the Cayman Islands worth billions. However, we’re not sure that this is guaranteed as well as the termination. We have done so much research with such mixed results that we don’t trust anyone. Are there any honest, responsible companies out there who will work for a reasonable fee and not try to rip you off? Seems to be a thing of the past.

• TM

November 30, 2020

I’ve been contacted by a whole raft of these type of companies following being ripped of by ABC Lawyers of Mark Rowe fame. They all seem to bad-mouth each other, but that leaves me with nowhere to turn – additionally I own a timeshare in America – this is considerably different to European timeshare – in no particular order: J Foster Associates aka Claim Solution Group aka Timeshare Support Centre; Aegis Direct; Timeshare Status; Timeshare Closure – linked to Full Brookes Associates; ECC aka Intra aka M1 Legal; Timeshare Advice Centre – but I have been told they are ‘powered’ by ECC. My anxiety levels are through the roof having been given the same spiel, ie, my debt linked to unpaid maintenance fees will be sold to a UK debt collector and they will come after me and my family. I just want a firm I can trust to get me out of my timeshare contract once and for all.

• Carolyn Whomersley

November 30, 2020

Hello TM, we’re in exactly the same position with our VCMS timeshare in Malta. They’re all RIP-off merchants – I wish there were as many laws preventing this as there seems to be with regard to terminating your timeshare. We just want a solicitor who will do this for a reasonable fee. Is it really that complicated?

• Michael Lay

December 16, 2020

I had a zoom meeting with a representative from J. Foster Associates. They slated Centaurus Mediations and I have now read elsewhere that they are all part of the same group. Unfortunately I paid a deposit. I am going to block their number so that they cannot contact me again.

• Carolyn Whomersley

December 16, 2020

I believe they are also connected to Fulbrook Associates although they don’t tell you that. Ask for a refund of your deposit, especially if it’s within the 14-day cooling off period.

• Carolyn Whomersley

December 16, 2020

If anyone out there has a timeshare with VCMS, contact them and tell them you wish to relinquish your timeshare. Obviously it depends how much you’ve invested as you won’t get any money back but at least you won’t have to fork out any more either. This might be worth a try with other timeshare companies if you wish to go down this route. At least it avoids all the stress.

• Michael Lay

December 16, 2020

I had previously been put in touch with Fullbrook Associates by another dubious firm, Centaurus Mediations. J.Foster Associates rubbished both of these and yet they have the same UP domain, or whatever it’s called. I will see if I can get a refund.

• doug

January 9, 2021

Hi Carolyn

I’ve read your comments about Foster Associates and I wondered if you had any more information about them. I, too have been contacted and I have paid a deposit to start the ball rolling to terminate my timeshare with VCMS. Having read what you and others have said I am wondering whether Fosters are a Bone Fide company or whether they, too are operating a scam.
    I would be grateful for your opinion asap as they requested a second payment on Monday.
    Many thanks for anything you can tell me.
    Kind regards
    Charlie

• Steve

February 11, 2021

I had a call from Debbie Parker ( 01246891100 Chesterfield) who said she worked for Timeshare Registration. She told me we were going to get a bill from a time share we once owned, many years ago, for thousands of pounds. We allowed her to arrange a zoon with with some Norwegian chap from…….. you got it, J Foster Associates SL. in Mallorca. +34 971228089. [email protected]. He stated they use “BRITISH,” not English based solicitors. We asked who. Did not answer, carried on with his speech. We asked again, who. By this time we were beginning to sound like a pair of Owls. Still no answer. So we decided to bail out. We were not going to give money to some one who would not answer one simple question. Hope this is of some use.

• Timeshare Insider

February 12, 2021

This is becoming even more prevelant, attempting to “scare” people that timeshare they have relinquished years ago are going to chase them for arrears. These people will stop at nothing to get hold of your money.

• Charles and Craig

February 17, 2021

The reason these companies know all about your problems such as J Fosters is because the people working for them are the sales people who sold you the timeshares.

• Tony

April 15, 2021

Correct.. the same sales people. Pressure sales tactics. Got a cold call first from a different entity setting up a zoom video call with this company and a very convincing young lady proceeded to explain what they could do. If it sounds too good to be true it’s because it’s a scam..all your money back?? Try and find someone that did. You’ll get a piece of paper that’s worthless and never see any compensation. If you paid a deposit talk to your bank,
      J Foster and their affiliated legal companies is a scam.. only ever speak to your TS provider directly or seek legal aid on the ground.

• Jay

March 31, 2021

I signed a contract yesterday with J Foster Associates and left a deposit using credit card. The contract states this is non refundable as it is a service not a product they will want the rest of the money next week what should I do.