Welcome to the Tuesday Slot, this article replaces the one originally scheduled as at the last minute the problem may have been resolved, news on this will be published when we have confirmation. So this week we publish the results of the election where our very own Irene Parker stood to be elected to the HOA Board of Diamond US Collections as a representative of all members.
As for news from Europe, the courts have not issued any new sentences, although many cases have been heard.
On the fake “lawyers” front Inside Timeshare has received many emails from anxious owners being contacted by those we have highlighted. All are telling the same story, their timeshare company has been taken to court and found guilty, they have awarded the owners so many thousands of pounds in compensation, but to release it they must first send 20% of the awarded amount to cover tax. For those of you who are familiar with our articles, you know what this is, a complete and utter scam.
Since our article about Silverpoint on 3 October, Inside Timeshare has been overwhelmed with emails from very concerned purchasers, this has resulted in the lack of article being published. It was felt that these enquiries were to be answered and addressed, so our apologies for the lack of articles.
We have also received an email from one reader who has contacted a law firm in the UK and they want £850 to conduct a viability report to see if there is a claim on a no win no fee basis! For a more intense report they want £1,200 This law firm Seth Lovis is charging money from a timeshare owner to see if they can take on her case!
This is totally unethical, Inside Timeshare will do this for free, then we will pass you on to a lawyer who has the experience in this field.
Now for our Tuesday Slot.
Diamond Resorts Election Results – U.S Collection HOA Board
5,387,000 Votes! A Landslide Psychological Victory
By Irene Parker, Candidate finishing #8
October 16, 2018
Diamond Resorts announced election results for their U.S. Collection which was held October 10, 2018. I finished #8 with 5,387,000 votes.
I have been researching this industry for over three years now. I keep hearing the same complaints over and over from those who bought timeshares from several developers. It’s a broken record coming from 614 families, as of October 14, all but a handful alleging unfair and deceptive sales practices.
My husband and I owned three timeshares for 30 years, our life revolving around the next vacation. I didn’t even know how to use Facebook until I attended a pathetically aggressive timeshare presentation in 2015. I wrote a couple articles and started to hear from timeshare buyers complaining of unfair and deceptive sales practices. I saw that there were a number of Attorneys General investigations and settlements launched against several developers.
I resent being called an “industry hater” by one developer, as I loved this industry for 30 years. It is preposterous for timeshare lobbyists and developers to insist there is no problem with the front end of the timeshare sale – only with exit companies “targeting” timeshare members who would otherwise be happy timeshare owners. Families report being financially devastated and don’t know where to turn.
I have always said half a problem goes away when confronted. Either the industry will confront the deceit on the front end of the sale, or Timeshare Wars continue.
All but a handful of the 621 families have reported:
- They said it was an investment,
- They said it was easy to sell,
- They said to fill out an application to see if we were eligible, but they opened a credit card and charged it for the purchase (or down payment),
- They said we could pay our maintenance fees with this new program, but the program didn’t exit,
- They said we could sell our timeshare if we bought more points, but the program didn’t exist,
- They said we could pay our maintenance fees by using a credit card, but we would have to charge $200,000 in a year to pay a $2,000 maintenance fee,
- They said airfare would be included when we booked a stay,
- The sales agent said the last agent did not sell us enough points,
- They showed us a book of resorts, but there is never any availability when we try to book,
- They said we could rent our timeshare, but the resort does not allow this,
- They said if we did not give up our deed and buy points, our children’s’ credit would be destroyed if something happened to us,
- Hours long tag-team, high pressure, aggressive sales presentations,
- They said if we didn’t change to another program our maintenance fees will go through the roof,
- I should not have bought a timeshare in Hawaii because they have hurricanes,
- I should not have bought a timeshare in Florida because they have hurricanes,
- The sales agent said he would be my personal representative, but he never returned my calls or text messages.
Timeshare Advocacy Group™ mission statement:
We seek to provide timeshare members a way to proactively address membership concerns; to advocate for timeshare reform; to obtain greater disclosure from the company; to advocate for a viable secondary market; and to educate prospective buyers.
Our Diamond Resorts member-sponsored advocacy Facebook launched by an economics professor broke 2,000 members today:
My campaign bio:
Irene Parker has experience and knowledge in the fields of finance, sales and marketing. Irene holds an MBA from St. Louis University, and holds a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certificate. Irene retired from Edward Jones Hawaii. She served as a founding member of the Salvation Army Board of Directors, Waimea, a member of the Condo Board at One Archer Lane, Honolulu, a member of The Ombudsman Advisory Board in Kentucky, and was a Kentucky CASA supervisor.
Timeshare Advocacy Group™
Well, all we can say is well done to Irene, you certainly gave them a run for their money, your hard work and tenacity has proven that the little people can make a difference. Also a very big thank you to all those who voted for Irene, your voices have been heard.
If you have a timeshare problem that you would like real information on, then use our contact page and get in touch, we have a wealth of knowledge from so many sources that we will find a solution for you. When you contact us, please let us know from what part of the world you are from and where you own or are a member, it will help us put you in touch with the right people.